I love a skillet meal that uses only one pan. This Cajun pasta skillet recipe is the perfect dinner that comes together in minutes. And it’s full of good ingredients! Another great way to add meals with vegetables into your diet.
This Cajun Pasta Skillet is easy to make and has a wonderful flavor. This delicious dish is made with chicken, veggies and pasta and is spiced just right.
This pasta dish reheats well because of the creamy sauce. The combination of spices with the chicken makes it a flavor bomb, and the creamy sauce makes it super satisfying. It’s a great way to learn to like vegetables if you hate them. And we all need to focus on good nutrition to live a healthy life. It’s an important part of your fitness journey.
You can add Andouille sausage to the dish if you like or switch out the veggies for the ones you prefer over these, but any way you make it, just make it! You won’t be sorry. If you want to reduce the carbs in the recipe, you can use zucchini noodles, cooked spaghetti squash, or cauliflower rice. If you do that, reduce the chicken stock to just 1/2 cup. Squash has a lot of moisture to add to the dish.
The dish can be made ahead of time and served later, the longer the flavors marry together, the better. The longer it sits, the more the sauce absorbs into the pasta so you may have to add more chicken stock. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use if you make it ahead.
For more yummy meals with vegetables, check these out:
- Rainbow Vegetable Pasta
- Greek Pasta Salad
- Steak Salad with Strawberry Lemon Vinaigrette
- Greek Yogurt Broccoli Salad
- Lemon Butternut Squash Soup
- California Roll Lettuce Wraps
- Chicken burrito bowls
I look forward to dinner with vegetables now.
Cajun Pasta Skillet Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 cups cooked chicken chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Cajun Seasoning
- 3 cups Dry Pasta we used Bowtie/Farfalle
- 1 Small Onion diced
- 2 Stalks Celery diced
- 1 Sweet Bell Pepper diced
- 4 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chopped veggies to the skillet.
- Cook until onions are translucent and veggies are soft and slightly charred, about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pasta according to package directions. Drain but do not rinse.
- Add chicken and spices to the skillet with the veggies.
- Add the chicken broth.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Add the sour cream and cream cheese and stir as the cream cheese melts.
- Add a bit more broth or milk to achieve a smooth consistency that coats the back of a spoon.
- Season with remaining Cajun seasoning, to taste.
- Add the pasta and stir to coat.