These easy California roll lettuce wraps are grain free and taste like a sunny day! Lettuce wraps are everything. And they are so healthy and good! A great way to add meals with vegetables to your diet.
My wife Christina is back with another recipe for the blog. This one is absolutely amazing!
Hi, Christina here, I remember the first time that I went to PF Chang’s. Modern Chinese food with a twist. I had their lettuce wraps. I was hooked! I’ve tried to make several recipes for lettuce wraps in the past, but these are THE BEST! I love how lettuce wraps are crispy and cool on the outside but full of umami and savory flavors on the inside. I love the balance of heat and acid that makes them dance across your tongue. And when you eat them you don’t feel weighed down. They taste fresh and amazing. These Asian lettuce wraps are amazing too!
They are healthy and perfect to help balance your macronutrients for weight loss too.
They are easy to make and make a fun dish for a party. Just pile up big piles of lettuce leaves and big bowls of filling and let people fill and roll on their own. A fun addition to any get-together.
California roll lettuce wraps can be an appetizer or the main dish. You can fill them with any protein and veggie mixture. You can use rice as well. For these, we went for cauliflower rice, but jasmine rice or sticky Chinese rice would be great in them as well. We make them both ways. I think they are actually Keto with the cauliflower rice, but I’m no expert on those restrictive diets. Another way to change them up is to wrap the filling in corn tortillas instead of lettuce. They are very versatile.
What Kind of Lettuce do you use for Lettuce Wraps?
- Butter lettuce
- Little gem lettuce
- Romaine leaves
- Iceberg lettuce
How to Cut Iceberg Lettuce for California Roll Lettuce Wraps
After years of making lettuce wraps, I finally learned how to cut iceberg lettuce so that you get full cups and not little pieces. Just slice the top off the head of iceberg lettuce, then through the middle of the head. Then, pull the lettuce cups off the outside. So easy!
Check out this steak salad with strawberry vinaigrette if you love lettuce! Adding these meals is a great way to add nutrition to your diet and make progress on your fitness journey.
California Roll Lettuce Wraps
- 4 Large lettuce leaves for wraps
- 8 oz. Chopped imitation crab meat
- 2 C. Cauliflower rice
- 1-2 tsp. Honey
- 2 Tbsp. Soy sauce
- 2 tsp. Rice vinegar
- ¼ C. Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. Sriracha sauce
- 1 C. Cucumber diced
- ¼ C. Grated carrots
- 1 Avocado diced
- Sesame seeds for garnish if desired
- Cook the cauliflower rice to your liking, and place into a mixing bowl.
- Add the soy sauce and rice vinegar to the cauliflower rice, and stir to combine.
- Let the rice cool completely.
- Lay large lettuce leaves on a flat surface.
- Top the lettuce leaves with a serving of the cauliflower rice.
- Add the cucumbers, carrots, avocado and crab meat to the top of the rice on each lettuce leaf.
- Mix together the mayonnaise and sriracha sauce with honey.
- Place the spicy mayo in a ziplock bag, and cut a tip off one corner.
- Drizzle the spicy mayo over the lettuce wraps.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.
For more fun lettuce wrap filling ideas, check these out.
No comments! Be the first commenter?