If you have the health goal of eating the rainbow every day for optimal nutrition, this veggie filed rainbow vegetable pasta is the perfect quick dinner to make tonight!
Rainbow fruits and vegetables
You CAN learn to eat healthy, even if you hate vegetables. I did it and I’m learning more all the time, thanks to my wonderful wife. She makes this Mediterranean vegetable pasta and it’s the BOMB! I hope you try it. So what’s the big deal about eating the rainbow? Different colors of fruits and vegetables (and food in general) have different nutrients that our bodies need. Eating every color in the rainbow every day of fresh foods helps us get a variety of nutrition. And it’s not as hard as you might think. You can learn to love it.
Rainbow food chart
If you want a free printable rainbow food checklist to help you meet that goal every day, check this out. It makes getting everything in kind of fun as you check off the colors.
Just download it and print it out as many times as you need.
Mediterranian Vegetable Pasta
This Mediterranean vegetable pasta will please the whole family. With sweet peppers, shallots, and squash, this pasta dish is healthy comfort food! The veggies are sauteed in olive oil, making them sweeter and more intense. Everything is cooked to perfection and then pasta is added, for a dinner that is packed with flavor and so easy to make! Serve it on its own as an easy vegetarian dinner, or top it with some grilled meat, or even serve it as a side for grilled chicken, shrimp, or steak! However you do it, you’re family is going to love it!
Rainbow Vegetable Pasta
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1 yellow squash diced
- ½ orange bell pepper diced
- 1 shallot diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil + more to drizzle
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes – optional
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese
- Saute shallots in olive oil 2 minutes
- Add tomato halves, cook 2 minutes
- Stir in remaining veggies and seasonings
- Drizzle a little oil
- Reduce heat to low
- Cook pasta and add to veggies
- Add a little pasta water if needed
- Garnish with parmesan, serve, and enjoy!
For more ideas for recipes with lots of vegetables, check these out:
- Steak Salad with Strawberry Lemon Vinaigrette
- Recipes with Vegetables
- Cajun chicken pasta skillet
- Cranberry Walnut Salad Pinwheels