Made with flavorful ingredients like broccoli, sunflower seeds, and crispy bacon, greek yogurt broccoli salad is the star of any meal it’s served in. Tossed in a creamy homemade Greek yogurt dressing, this delicious salad packs a serious punch. It’s a great way to eat a meal with vegetables and get lots of nutrition in your diet.
This is it, the perfect summer salad. This greek yogurt broccoli salad is bursting with the ultimate combination of sweet and savory flavors for a dish that is delicious. It’s sweet, rich, nutty, tangy, and just oh so good! My wife Christina is going to tell you all about it.
Get your printable salad ingredient cheat sheet and smoothie ingredient cheat sheet here to balance your fruit and veggie creations every time!
Hi friends! Christina here, I have made this salad so many times you would think I would be sick of it, but I can assure you I’m not—it’s just that good! I’ve served it at family dinners, barbecues, potlucks, and holiday gatherings, and have even made it for healthy lunch meal preps.
For the best results, the salad should be stored separately from the salad dressing. The dressing can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days. The salad can be stored in a separate airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Once the salad has been tossed with the dressing, it will stay fresh in the fridge for another day or two.
How to eat Salad when you hate it
The key to eating salad if you don’t like it or hate vegetables is to make it the way you like it. I don’t love leafy greens like lettuce in a salad. I get tired of eating leaves. So I make a lot of marinated salads like this and I love them! It was a big key in changing how we ate and adding more veggies to our diet without misery.
For more great salad ideas, check these out:
- Ancient grains salads
- Steak salad with strawberry vinaigrette
- Greek chicken pasta salad
- Farro salad with sundried tomato pesto
- Cucumber and tomato salad
Greek Yogurt Broccoli Salad
- 2 broccoli crowns
- 1 red onion
- 6 slices of bacon
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 c raw sunflower seeds
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- Prepare all the ingredients.
- Wash the broccoli, cut into small pieces.
- Grate the cheese, add it to the broccoli.
- Fry the bacon until crispy, then crumble it.
- Peel the onion, cut into cubes, add to the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the sunflower seeds.
- For dressing, mix yogurt and vinegar with salt, pepper and dill.
Check out these other superfoods for health!