This easy recipe for granola cups only uses 9 ingredients. They make a great snack, breakfast, or whatever you like. And they are versatile. Fill them with anything you enjoy. You can make these with ancient grains granola, or oats like the recipe below. Either way, you’re in for a treat!
They are healthy, crunchy, and filling. And these granola cups will take your yogurt to a whole other level. When you’re looking for something different and even a little fancy, these granola cups are going to be just the thing.
Granola with yogurt
Granola and yogurt make a great choice because it’s quick, easy, and nutritious. And it’s so good, it could even be dessert. Having a little healthy treat can be a life saver when you want a sweet treat but not to blow your goals.
There are endless options of fruit or other extra toppings.
- Sunflower seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Flax seeds
- Chia seeds
- Chocolate drizzle
- Chocolate chips
- Peanut or other nut or seed butters
- Maple syrup
The possibilities are endless!
You could make these cups in bulk, cool them, wrap them and freeze them. Then you could pop them out, fill them, and they would be ready to go in a few minutes. This is what I do.
Granola and fruit
I love the protein in the granola and yogurt combined with the carbs in the fruit and granola and how the balance in that makes me feel amazing to start or continue my day. Balancing carbs, fats, and proteins is THE BEST way to feel great and it helps you lose weight if you need to do that.
Here are some tips for best results:
- Let the cups cool completely before you fill them so they can continue to crisp up as they cool. If you fill them to early, it creates steam and they will get soggy.
- You can stir a scoop of protein powder into the yogurt for even more protien.
- Press the mixture into the cups firmly. You can use a little oil on your fingertips or press with a cupcake paper if you are having trouble with them sticking.
- Be sure to grease your muffin tin really well so the cups won’t stick.
- Be sure to use plain yogurt to avoid artificial additives. You can sweeten it with honey or maple syrup and know what you’re eating.
- Be sure to read the label and make sure there is not added sugar in your yogurt, it may not be the kind of sugar you want to be eating.
- Be sure to use greek yogurt, it is far higher in protein than regular yogurt. And don’t use reduced fat or fat free, the fat in those are replaced with chemicals that are not the best to put in your body.
- Using fresh fruit or thawing frozen fruit both work great.
Granola Cups With Fruit And Yogurt
- 1 Muffin Tin
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup flaxseed
- ½ cup coconut
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup raw sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup fruit
- toppings of your choice
- Preheat oven to 325 and prepare muffins tins with a generous amount of butter
- Mix oats, flaxseed, and coconut together in a large bowl
- In a saucepan over medium high heat whisk together butter, raw sugar, honey or maple syrup, and vanilla
- Bring just to a boil then remove from heat
- Pour over oat dry mixture and stir to fully coat
- Cover and chill until cooled
- Press mixture into muffin tins pressing up the sides as well
- Bake 15 minutes until edges are golden brown, cool completely
- Fill cups with a scoop of yogurt and fresh fruit
- Drizzle with honey, serve, and enjoy!
You can also make oatmeal balls like these for a nutritious breakfast and they can be prepped ahead so they are already ready! Check out these healthy breakfasts to help you lose weight for ideas to start your day!