If you don’t love broccoli, this is the dish to change your mind. This bacon and broccoli in creamy garlic sauce is going to be your new favorite side. Or you can add some grilled chicken and you’ll have a perfect meal with vegetables for dinner on it’s own.
You could add cooked pasta if you prefer that. We watch our grain intake, so we make it like this most of the time, but once in a while my wife adds pasta to change it up.
Broccoli is my favorite vegetable. I love it raw, cooked, steamed, roasted, whatever way you make it. And I love sharing ideas for how to use it. For more broccoli ideas, check out these yummy recipes:
- Greek Yogurt Broccoli Salad
- Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Freezer Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
- Beef and Broccoli
This Bacon and Broccoli in Creamy Garlic Sauce is made in one skillet, which I love for the ease of cleaning up. Now, I don’t know about you, but, if you clean up as you go while you’re cooking, clean up is a lot easier. We have a rule in our house, whoever cooks dinner doesn’t have to clean up. I love it!
- Its perfectly fine to use precut broccoli or even frozen for this recipe to save time.
- To keep the broccoli from getting overcooked, move on to the next step quickly because the garlic sauce still has to cook a bit.
- You can sprinkle some crushed red pepper on top to make it a little spicy.
- Sliced mushrooms make a great addition to the dish with the broccoli. My wife loves them, I hate them. So do you.
- Any other vegetable can be substituted for the broccoli. Cauliflower makes a great dish and so do brussel sprouts, cabbage, kale, and many other vegetables. Use what you like.
- Another great meat to add is shrimp. It’s delicious in the sauce too.
Bacon and Broccoli in Creamy Garlic Sauce
- 1 c bacon chopped
- 1 onion diced
- 5 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 1/2 C Heavy Cream
- 1 pound broccoli florets
- 1 c mozzarella cheese shredded
- Start by browning your bacon. We love crunchy bacon, but, cook it how your family enjoys it. Once the bacon has cooked, remove and allow to drain on a paper towel.
- Leave the bacon grease in the pan and sautee your onions for about 3 minutes until they are soft and translucent.
- Next, add in your broccoli and garlic. Allow to cook for 3-5 minutes until the broccoli is vibrant in color and fork tender.
- Pour in the heavy cream. Be sure to reduce your heat to low and allow to simmer for 3-5 minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
- Add in the cooked bacon.
- Then top with either mozzarella or parmesan cheese that is shredded. Allow the cheese to melt for a few minutes or stick in the oven under the broiler to melt the cheese and the cheese turns a light golden brown.