This 2 Ingredient Oven Baked Tilapia is such a simple recipe for busy weeknights. You will need just two ingredients to make this easy fish recipe. Serve it with your choice of side dish for a complete meal! Nutritious meals are the foundation of good health.
There is nothing better than coming home and sprinkling a bit of seasoning on some fish fillets you set in the fridge to thaw that morning. Toss them in the oven and have a wholesome, delicious main dish in minutes. Lemon pepper is a little tangy and a little spicy and it’s easy to find. Two-ingredient meals are lovely! And this one is DELICIOUS too!
Is tilapia healthy?
Tilapia is considered a healthy food option for several reasons:
- Low in fat: Tilapia is a low-fat fish that is a good source of protein. It contains less than 3 grams of fat per serving, making it a great option for people looking to reduce their fat intake.
- High in protein: Tilapia is rich in protein, which is essential for building and repairing tissues in the body. A serving of tilapia contains around 21 grams of protein, which is more than enough to meet your daily protein requirements.
- Rich in nutrients: Tilapia is a good source of several essential nutrients, including vitamin B12, niacin, selenium, and phosphorus. These nutrients are essential for maintaining good health and preventing disease.
- Low in calories: Tilapia is a low-calorie food, with only around 110 calories per serving. This makes it a great option for people looking to maintain a healthy weight.
- Omega-3 fatty acids: Tilapia contains omega-3 fatty acids, which are important for heart health. Omega-3 fatty acids can help reduce inflammation in the body, lower blood pressure, and improve cholesterol levels.
Have you ever tried oven baked tilapia? It’s a delicious and healthy way to enjoy this mild and flaky fish. Whether you’re a seafood lover or just looking for a new way to incorporate more protein into your diet, baked tilapia is definitely worth a try.
Lemon pepper seasoning is a popular spice blend that typically contains dried lemon zest and cracked black pepper. Some variations may also include additional ingredients such as salt, garlic, onion, or other herbs and spices. The citrusy and slightly tangy flavor of the lemon zest pairs well with the heat and pungency of the black pepper, creating a versatile seasoning that can be used in a variety of dishes. Lemon pepper seasoning is commonly used to flavor fish, chicken, and vegetables, and can also be sprinkled over popcorn or potato chips for a zesty and flavorful snack.
What to serve with tilapia
Oven baked tilapia is a versatile fish that pairs well with a variety of side dishes. Here are a few options to consider:
- Roasted vegetables: Roasted vegetables such as asparagus, broccoli, or green beans make a healthy and delicious side dish for tilapia. Simply toss the vegetables in olive oil and seasonings, then roast in the oven until tender and caramelized.
- Rice pilaf: Rice pilaf is a classic side dish that complements the mild flavor of tilapia. You can use white rice, brown rice, or a mixture of both, and add in vegetables like onions, carrots, and peas for extra flavor and nutrition.
- Quinoa salad: Quinoa salad is a nutritious and flavorful side dish that pairs well with tilapia. You can add in ingredients like chopped vegetables, herbs, nuts, and dried fruit for a colorful and delicious salad.
- Sweet potato fries: Sweet potato fries are a healthier alternative to traditional french fries, and they pair well with the mild flavor of tilapia. You can bake them in the oven with olive oil and seasonings for a crispy and flavorful side dish.
- Mixed greens salad: A simple mixed greens salad with a light vinaigrette is a refreshing and easy side dish to serve with tilapia. You can add in ingredients like cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and avocado for extra flavor and texture. Try this one with tilapia on top instead of steak. Either way, it’s a win!
If you have leftover tilapia, there are plenty of ways to use it up! Here are a few ideas:
- Fish tacos: Use the leftover tilapia to make delicious fish tacos. Simply flake the fish and warm up some tortillas, then add your favorite toppings like salsa, guacamole, and shredded cabbage.
- Fish cakes: You can use the leftover tilapia to make fish cakes. Mix the flaked fish with breadcrumbs, eggs, and seasonings, then shape into patties and pan-fry until golden brown.
- Salad: Add the leftover tilapia to a green salad for a healthy and satisfying lunch. You can add in ingredients like mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and avocado for extra flavor and nutrition.
- Soup: You can use the leftover tilapia to make a hearty and flavorful soup. Simply add the fish to a pot of vegetable or chicken broth, along with vegetables like carrots, celery, and onions, and simmer until tender.
- Stir-fry: Use the leftover tilapia to make a quick and easy stir-fry. Simply stir-fry some vegetables like bell peppers, onions, and broccoli in a pan, then add the flaked fish and seasonings, and cook until heated through. Serve over rice or noodles.
Properly stored leftover tilapia can last for up to 3-4 days in the refrigerator. To ensure that the tilapia stays fresh and safe to eat for as long as possible, it’s important to store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator as soon as possible after it has been cooked. If you’re not planning on eating the leftover tilapia within 3-4 days, it’s best to freeze it instead.
Tilapia can be frozen for up to 3-4 months, but it’s important to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil, or store it in an airtight container, to prevent freezer burn. When reheating leftover tilapia, it’s important to make sure that it’s heated to an internal temperature of 165°F to ensure that it’s safe to eat.
Lemon Pepper Tilapia Recipe
2 Ingredient Oven Baked Tilapia
- 1 lb tilapia filets thawed
- 1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or spray with cooking spray to prevent the fish from sticking.
- Arrange tilapia filets on the baking sheet and sprinkle with lemon pepper seasoning.
- Bake for 15 minutes.